Editor's guide: Edge computing refers to the use of an open platform that integrates network, computing, storage, and application core capabilities on the side close to the object or data source to provide the most recent services nearby. With the formation of an oligarchic pattern in the cloud computing field, the edge side will have more room for development and investment in the next decade. The author of this article will make a four-point analysis around edge computing, hoping to help you.In the era of the Internet of Everything, is edge computing far from us? From VR/AR games, ultra-clear video, to telemedicine and autonomous driving, it is behind the smooth and low-latency smart life.Regarding edge computing, there is a common analogy in the industry.
The brain of an octopus acts as the central node. processing only 40% of the information; the remaining 60% of neurons are distributed on the eight legs (arms and feet), thinking and solving problems nearby and quickly making React - the latter is the equivalent of edge computing.The development of 5G and the Internet of Things has brought buy email list explosive growth of data and higher requirements for computing power, and edge computing is about to emerge. Has been rated as one of the "Top Ten Strategic Technologies" by Gartner, the world's largest IT consulting firm, for three consecutive years. Has edge computing reached its prime?Too long to read the versio The trend and opportunity of edge computing investment:
Conclusion: With the formation of an oligarchic pattern in the cloud computing field, the edge side will have more room for development and investment in the next decade. We believe that new platform-based large-scale technology companies can be born in the field of edge computing, enabling customers in various industries to carry out digital and intelligent transformation and upgrading in scenarios close to the edge. With the explosive growth of data communication, storage, and processing at the edge, its data value will be further released.